We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders: customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our adherence to this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our partnership focus:
- We will strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our sustainable development and environmental policies.
- We will encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit, and support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region.
- We will operate an equal opportunities policy offering our employees clear and fair terms of employment and providing resources to enable their continual development.
- We will maintain systems for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We will provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with dignity and respect and without harassment.
- We will provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment
- We will uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all stakeholders.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We will encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit.
At The Gables Hotel we recognise the potential effect of our operations on the local, regional and global environment. As part of our objective to be the first choice hotel in the area, we are committed to minimising and controlling our impact on the environment through a series of continuous improvements.
We will strive to improve our environmental performance and to prevent pollution by achieving the standards set by the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
We are committed to meeting the requirements of all relevant legislation and regulations and, where no legislation exists, we will set our own minimum standards.