Covid-19 Update - January 2022
The government has announced a move to Plan B in England following the rapid spread of the Omicron variant in the UK.
Plan B includes face masks to be compulsory in most public indoor venues, other than hospitality; NHS Covid Pass to be mandatory in specific settings, and people to work from home if they can. Please read the full government update here.
Please rest assured that when you visit The Gables Hotel over the festive period we have all the procedures in place to ensure your safety and comfort:
- Our teams are asked to conduct lateral flow tests at least twice a week
- We encourage you to please take a lateral flow test before your visit us and please do not visit if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms
- Although the government guidelines do not specify, please note our teams will be wearing face masks in public areas and we ask that all guests do too.
- The hotel has rigorous cleaning procedures in place all key contact areas are regularly sanitised throughout the day
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance and around the hotel
- Please check in to the NHS test and trace app - signage can be found at the hotel entrances
Cancelling your stay or event
From 11th January in England, the government have temporarily changed the rules for testing while Covid-19 rates remain high across the UK.
If you are not displaying Covid-19 symptoms but test positive on a lateral flow test for Covid-19 you are required to self-isolate immediately and are not required to take a confirmatory PCR test.
If you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms you are required to take a PCR test and stay at home and self-isolate.
Therefore, if you test positive on a lateral flow or PCR test before you visit us:
- You will be able to move the date of your stay – please contact our reservations team to arrange at [email protected]
- If you are attending an event you will be offered gift vouchers minus a small admin fee for person with the positive test result only – please contact the events team [email protected]
We will need a copy of the test result emailing to us to action any of the above. Please note if you are not cancelling due to a positive test result all monies are non-refundable and non-transferable.